Monday, November 30, 2009

The Cranberry

Fresh Cranberries are my favorite thing about fall/winter. They are nutritious and taste great at the same time. Here are some of my favorite ways to use Cranberries this year.

Spicy Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir - I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit!

Cranberry Nut Bread - We are obsessed with this recipe. We have made it 6 times (not kidding).

Cranberry Upside-Down Cake - This was pretty good, but not spectacular. Whipped cream is a must to cut the sweetness of this cake,

This morning I made oatmeal with cranberries and pecans. I stirred in a handful of fresh cranberries in the boiling water before adding the oats. They made it taste really unique and also made the oatmeal turn pink! This would be a fun idea if you had kids.

Happy Holidays! Our Christmas Tree is in the house but hasn't been decorated because we have to get new lights. Once we get the lights and ornaments on the tree I will share some photographs.

1 comment:

Wearing Mascara said...

Cranberries are so interesting to me. I only ever think of them around th holidays instead of a regular basis. I should try these recipes. Thanks for the great ideas!