Thursday, November 12, 2009

Handmade Holidays

About a month ago I purchased a sewing machine from costco.com and have since fallen in love with sewing. I have made a Jaguar print apron with black accents, and a Fall-themed table runner shown in an earlier post.

I am the type of person who must have a goal/purpose/task to keep me occupied. The sewing machine has been my saving grace through the past few stressful months.

For my Thanksgiving table I am making Dark Purple napkins, and napkin rings made out of the same cloth as my table runner. I hope to start cutting the fabric this evening. I have already washed/ironed the fabric so all I need to do now is start cutting and sewing. I am going to make 8 napkins. My dining table seats 8 people so I am making an entire set.

I also stitched a bread cloth for my table. It has a cornucopia on it and says Happy Thanksgiving along the sides in dark purple thread. I would be posting more pictures but unfortunately my Nikon lens is in need of repair and I haven't sent it away yet. I need to get on that so I will have it for the holidays!

No comments: