Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crafting

I have mentioned several times about my forays into the crafting world. I have some great news. I finally finished a Cross Stitch I have been working on for quite some time. I am going to post a photo as soon as I take a good one. The only step now is to get it professionally framed to hang on the wall.

The pattern is called a "wedding record." I choose to customize the colors with Hot Pink and Black, the colors from my wedding. The pattern includes our names and our wedding date. My Mom always did cross stitch when I was a little girl, and so did my Mother In Law. I picked it up about a year ago and I have really enjoyed it. I am a high strung person with a lot of anxiety at times, so cross stitching helps me because I can calm down while intensely focusing on something other than what is causing me anxiety.

My next project is to make another Christmas Ornament. I bought a pattern last year that has 16 different ornaments in it. I completed one last fall, and I just started a new one. I let Mr. Foodie pick it out. It has a Light House and Sailboat on it. I have only done about 30 stitches on it, but I thought I should go ahead and get started. I can't wait to show you all my handy work.

No comments: