Thursday, September 3, 2009

Employment Mayhem

I have some great news on the job search front. I currently have two really great prospects that I am excited about. I will share the details about the two options and give you a status update.

Job 1: This job would be a sales position with a major health insurance agency. Salary would be base + commission. Advantages to this include the following: Major Company (less likely to go away any time soon), Steady income (some ups and downs based on my performance), possibility of promotion (never a certain thing with a big company), and the big plus: Benefits. The only reason the benefits thing matters is because I have several health conditions that may make it hard for me to qualify for an individual health policy.

Job 2: This would be a sales position with a small local employee benefits agency. Here I would have a lot of opportunity. Salary would be base + commission, but the commission would be highly variable based on my performance. This job would require more work, but also much more satisfaction. I would have flexible hours and the ability to work as much as I would like. I could easily be making some serious cash about 1 year or so from now. The only negatives to this job are the lack of benefits, the fact that it is a very small company, and it would require a certain amount of risk.

I am 90% sure I will be able to choose one of them. I am heavily leaning towards job #2 but it will require me to step outside of my comfort zone. I thrive in a challenging environment. In my current job I spend most of time doing NOTHING (like blogging) because I literally don't have anything else to do... I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for your continued support.

No comments: