Friday, July 17, 2009

Back in the swing of things

My trip to California was amazing. I got to spend time with my Mom and Grandparents which was really special to me. We saw some beautiful things while we were there. The highlight of the trip was riding the Cable Cars up the extremely steep hills. We also went to Monterey and Big Sur. Mr. Foodie and I are planning a trip next year because he has to go there! I brought him back a cocktail recipe book focusing on wine cocktails and bleu cheese dijon mustard.

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. At least today is Friday so I will have the weekend to recover. I made an awesome Reuben Sandwich for dinner last night that blew both of us away. The recipe came from my autographed Barbara Jean cookbook given to me by my Mother in Law. I will definitely be making this one again. I don't have any pictures because we ate them too fast!

We are leaving for Charleston a week from today for a family wedding. Looking forward to a road trip in our new car. Keep you posted.

No comments: