Friday, July 31, 2009

Living Notoriously Well


We had a fabulous night with our friends who just moved back to town. [We will call them A&J]

They have chosen a beautiful condo on the St. John's River which is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see what they do with the place! We had a wonderful evening at my favorite restaurant Bistro AIX, followed by beer at our local hometown brewery: Bold City Brewery. Yesterday they tapped a brand new beer: Orange Blossom Mad Manatee Cask Ale, dry-hopped with Amarillo Hops. It was very tasty. We played Connect Four and Uno at the Tap Room while enjoyed the Cask Ale. We had a blast.... a little too much fun because I am super tired this morning.



I spent time yesterday and today browsing wedding ideas with my sister. I love weddings...



I am trying to focus my efforts right now on adding decorative touches to my house. I love the paint colors, but we need some wall art and some above cabinet lighting. I also want to replace the light fixture in my foyer. This sounds like a great time to make a list.



1. Wall Art: I am considering several options at this point but I really like this item I found on Etsy.com: Barren Winter Birch Tree Triptych - 3 Panel Mounted Vinyl Wall Art

2. Something cute in my kitchen also found on Etsy: KEEP CALM Parody Martini Glass Modern Wall Art Bar Decor Sign This is the image found at the top of this blog post.

3. Bedroom: I found this duvet cover at West Elm that I think is beautiful. I am not sure if you know this, but Mr. Foodie is a professional painter. Lately he has really wanted to repaint our bedroom. I think this duvet might inspire him: organic cotton sketch-leaf duvet cover + sham

4. We need a mirror for our bedroom. I am trying to decide if we should hang on the wall, or get a floor mirror. I found several options at West Elm, but nothing I absolutely love.

Too bad I don't have any cash to be purchasing these items. At least I can have fun while looking.

No comments: