Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update

We bought our Chicago plane tickets on Sunday so I have been busy gathering trip plans. I am super excited about an awesome restaurant I found called Alinea. Here is an interesting review of the restaurant. We have several activities lined up: Art Institute of Chicago, Millennium Park, John Hancock Observatory, Architecture Tour, etc. I have also found an awesome champagne bar called Pops for Champagne, touted as "the nation's most acclaimed champagne bar." They even have amazing music performances and live jazz.

We are headed to a wedding this weekend for a family member. The ceremony and reception will be at the Tidewater Chapel in Mt. Pleasant. We are leaving Friday morning and return on Sunday. I still have to get a wedding gift for the couple.

I posted a few days ago about an awesome new drink called Loire Lemonade. I am actually enjoying a glass as I type. Here is the recipe for those who are curious:

Makes 4 servings (you can easily cut it down to 1 or 2 of you like)

2 ounces fresh lemon juice
4 ounces Simple Syrup
4 ounces Citrus Vodka (we use Absolut Citron)
16 ounces Sauvignon Blanc
4 lemon twists for garnish.

1. Fill a shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add lemon juice, simple syrup and vodka. Shake well.
2. Put 2 ice cubes in 4 wine glasses (or highball). Divide the shaken mixture among the glasses. Add 4 ounces of the wine to each glass and stir gently.
3. Twist a lemon twist over each glass and drop in. Serve immediately. Try to release the essential oils into the glass.

*in my opinion this could be made ahead and served at a party, just like a traditional Sangria.

No comments: