Monday, July 27, 2009

Weddings without Booze

Who ever thought it was okay to have a wedding without booze? I always thought Booze was a funny word.

Mr. Foodie and I spent our entire weekend in Charleston attending a wedding. There were so many things wrong with this wedding I don't even know where to start. Below you will find some of the dreadful highlights.

1. Hot and Sweaty - The temperature reached 90 degrees in the church. We were all sweating our butts off with the sun shining directly on us. The groom was a huge sweat-ball the entire time.
2. A family friend couple sang a duet. Possible the worst thing I have ever heard in my life. I could barely control my laughter.
3. The wedding planner was a bumbling idiot who had no idea what was going on.
4. The Reception - Hot as hell. We were still sweating. Our only solace was water, Sweet Tea, and Lemonade. No freaking booze at all!!!!
5. The menu was misspelled, and said "rusted bread."
6. I got elbowed twice by the groom's family while in the buffet line. Oh, did I mention they are all Greek and act like a bunch of weirdos??
7. No alcohol.
8. No toasts at the rehearsal dinner or wedding. No bouquet toss. Nothing romantic or fun. No dancing..... it goes on and on.


We all agreed this was the worst wedding we had ever been to. The highlight of our weekend was Frozen Alcohol Slushy Drinks at Wet Willie's - a cheesy place in Charleston. We also found a new nickname for Mr. Foodie, "Robo-Cop." This name is courtesy of his brother for his obsession with technology, even when it delays him, and his monotone voice when dialing over Blue-Tooth phones.

No comments: