Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Budget Report


Good news - I went to the grocery store yesterday and spent $80 bucks on food to last us for at least a week. I saved $50 by using my own coupons, and taking advantage of store BOGO offers. I am very excited about the outcome.


Last night for dinner I created a recipe using ingredients on hand. It was a pasta with ground turkey, onions, and peppers with a little chili powder, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, and siracha for flair. I also poured a dash of rose' wine in at the end with a little lemon zest and juice to finish. I wasn't very confident with the dish, I am always weary when not using a recipe, but Mr. Foodie loved it.


I also made a desert - a Buttery Apple Tort. I used thinly sliced golden delicious apples and it turned out great. It had a custard feel to it which Mr. Foodie loves. I had a small little slice in an effort to keep the calories down. I will be making this simple and easy desert again.


*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Simple Recipes

1 comment:

Leia said...

Yum! That looks delicious!