Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Morning

Good morning everyone! My Saturday mornings are usually filled with household tasks like laundry and cleaning, and grocery shopping. Mr. Foodie works almost every weekend so I am always here at home missing him desperately. Tonight we are having a dinner party with our friends, the hostess is making roast beef for the first time. I applaud her efforts, and can't wait to try it out. I volunteered to bring dessert. I am going to make chocolate cupcakes using a Williams-Sonoma recipe, with Chocolate Buttercream frosting. This is the best of both worlds: Cupcakes are compact and easy, and I get to practice my decorating skills with the frosting. I haven't mentioned this before, but I have taken cake decorating classes and I love to use them whenever I can.

I am also doing my meal planning for the rest of the week. I have been browsing my new favorite recipe blog, Simply Recipes. This is such as great site. The photographs are beautiful and the recipes are easy to understand. In addition, the blog author provides little anecdotes about her family and history. I have decided to make these two recipes:

Dad's Fish Stew
&
Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage

These are both easy weeknight dishes that are health any taste great. I will review them this week once I make them, and may even remember to take photographs.

Just for fun.... below is a picture of us on our Honeymoon in the British Virgin Islands

No comments: