Friday, August 28, 2009

Jobs

I currently have a job that is making me miserable because of the in-fighting and corporate politics. I decided I was not going to be a victim and have actively been searching for a new job for a couple of months. This week I have several good leads, with 3 phone interviews.

I basically have three options:
1. Safe corporate job with benefits, and limited financial potential
2. Middle of the road, small company, more risk than job #1 and good financial potential
3. Independent Contractor affiliated with an agency, high risk, high reward.

At this point in my life I am leaning between 2 and 3. I have done the corporate thing for 3 years and I am over it. I need a challenge. I want to work in an environment that lets me reach my full potential. I am going to call back job #2 today to set up an in-person interview.

This also means I need to buy a new suit this weekend, so hopefully I can get my Mom to go shopping with me. My Mom is what I refer to as a Power Shopper. Give her a mission, and she will find what you are looking for. All at a great price! I love my Mom, she is such an inspiration when it comes to accomplishing things.

I will keep you updated. I like these two suit jackets...




2 comments:

Sherin said...

I love that first jacket.
Good Luck with whatever you choose. But I'd be leaning towards #3

Mrs. Foodie said...

I ended up buying the entire suit in the first photograph. I haven't made a decision on the job situation. Thanks for visiting my blog!