Friday, August 21, 2009

Pickled Cucumer Soup: Food Stories

This morning I discovered a new Foodie blog out there from a UK writer, Food Stories.

I found the blog by searching for a soup my Boss just tried in New York yesterday at a Polish Restaurant. The mysterious dish is known as Pickled Cucumber Soup. I know it sounds quite disgusting at first glance, but he assures me that it is good. The Food Stories post provides historical and anecdotal information about the soup, as well as a recipe with variations. I am not sure if I will be trying this one any time soon but I thought it would be interesting.

On another note, while perusing the blog I found that the author and I share an obsession with anchovies. If you also love the salty creatures then head over to Food Stories for recipes that celebrate their goodness.

No comments: